Friday, April 4, 2014

Impromptu creativity at the McGuire Showroom in High Point

News: I'm now bi-coastal.

Officially, I've relocated to Charlotte, North Carolina, but I am still picking up projects here, there and everywhere including San Francisco and New York City.

Today, I'm off to McGuire's Showroom in High Point to say a quick hello to my Bay Area friends who are in town for Spring Market. Gotta love when a favorite client is in my new 'hood, so to speak. While there, I advised on the styling for a few rooms too. Impromptu creativity is always en vogue.

Here are a couple pics taken of the bedroom....This scene would make for a mighty fine nap right about now. Pun intended. McGuire's designs are luxurious. This caned bed designed by Barbara Barry is a study in graceful form and gorgeous function. Layered linens are the frosting.

And...I've always been a huge, huge fan of the iconic rattan "Butterfly" chair, first fashioned by Edward Tuttle forty years ago. Symmetry. Geometry. Curves. It is even available in gold or silver leaf! Makes a fluid statement in any room. So fly.



No comments: